Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2012

Wrapped by an angel

I often wonder yet truly believe that people watch over us. Without going super religious, I have always believed in God and that our loved ones are watching over us. I hope that I have made loved ones proud and feel that I do most of the time....

When I was a little girl, my grandmother asked for my favorite colors and she knitted me a blanket that I have kept with me all my life. I somehow knew that this would be the last blanket that she would knit so I have always kept it clean and barely used. I wasn't ever sure that I would have children in order to pass it down but it always gave me comfort that my "mom-mom" was always here.  I kept it for selfish reasons and tucked it away so it would always stay nice.

Fast forward many many years, I moved the blanket to Lacie's room but yet never used it because I just wasn't sure that I wanted it to be used. But then lately, Lacie needed a bigger blanket and it was the perfect size so it was the perfect time to wrap my little girl by an angel. Lacie is protected and loved by her great grandmother each and every night.

Somethings in life just give you a greater sense of  peace and this is one of those things for me. I am blessed to have you in my life and my children are blessed to be surrounded by your love.