Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day history!


I have only been a mother for the past 3 years but they have been the best 3 years. I also remember hearing how being a parent is the most life changing event. It truly has been and it was an instant love the moment I layed my eyes on Blake and Grayson. I am not sure if everyone who reads this knows that Billy and I weren't sure about having children at all. We were both very career orientated and wasn't sure if we were going to be good parents. I always loved kids and loved being an aunt to Courtney but I just wasn't sure what kind of a mom I would be.

Billy and I literally played "Paper, Rock, Scissors" on our way to Atlantic City one weekend to determine if we would have kids, how many, and when we would start our family. Very high tech system, huh?

So 3 years later and two great little boys.... I feel like I am doing pretty good at this whole mom thing. I love to hear the laughter of two little mischief makers. While we are not perfect in the Conner household - I am proud and honored that I have been given two little boys that uncondintionally love their mom. It warms my heart every time they smile, hug, or give me a kiss.




I can't imagine ever thinking about not having kids because I wouldn't change it for the world. Being a mom really is the best job in the world....