Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Major Milestones







Here is a recap of our recent events in the Conner Family. On Jan 25th - Blake turned 5 years old. Where did the time go? I can remember Blake be born just like it was yesterday but doesn't everyone say the same thing. Blake was a peanut at 6lbs 1 oz and gave us a very big scare. While we all know that Blake is a very energetic little boy I feel very blessed for modern medicine and someone watching over us. Without getting into too many details or poor me stories - I do think that it is important to reflect on how our life changed that very second that Blake was born.

Blake was taken straight to the NICU because he was unable to breathe on his own and was completly grey. He took one breath and then stopped which made a very stressful moment for us first timers. Sadly I think Billy and I had seen too much in our law enforcement careers and knew that when they "bagged" him that it was not a good sign. So I never had that time with Blake until the next day. I had my own set of complications to deal with but all I wanted to do was to see my son.


Billy and I were changed the moment that Blake came into our lives. He is very sweet, gentle, caring, funny, live wire, polite, chatty, outgoing 5 year old. Blake threw us a curve ball to parenthood but blessed us in so many ways. I have talked about the complications to close friends / family members but I am not sure how much I ever say how much it changed Billy and I. We were changed in many ways that thankfully only made us stronger.


Blake had a great birthday party at King Pinz Bowling in Leesburg. He invited his friends from school and the kids were super great. I still need to upload the photos from that day but I will. It is amazing how much he has changed in the last five years.


We love you each and every day big boy! You are a great big brother to Grayson and Lacie. You are patient (most of the time) and caring to them. They are lucky to have you as a big brother and you make my heart melt with all of your hugs and kisses.