A little background....
Since Blake was born in Jan 2006 - I have worked but mainly part time or fit a full time schedule into 3 days so I could be home more with Blake. After working with the gov't for over 2 years and finding out we were finally pregnant with Grayson, I decided to resign from the government and went driving school buses for the county so they boys could be with me and we would have great health insurance. It saved the family a lot of money by me working part time because I received full time benefits. So after a year of subbing and then driving a route for a few months - it just wasn't my thing. I liked the kids that I drove but I didn't love it needless to say.
So fast forward to now - I start a new job next week and it seems too good to be true. I randomly applied for a background investigator job but come to find out - I have been out of law enforcement one too many years but they saw my resume and wanted me for a full time position that they wanted to fill. After considering the options - I just did not want to go back to work full time and leave the boys in daycare. We had pulled Blake out when he was one and were able to have them at home with me or Brianna (billy's stepsister) at one point. So I asked if they would consider part time - well they pretty much created a part time job for me under one of their contracts and so I finally completed the process and start next Monday. I am looking forward to it because they seem super flexible and willing to work around Blake's preschool schedule. I will miss the boys dearly and worry about them but I am also excited to enter corporate world again even if it is part time. I am not 100% on my job duties but I will be dealing with a lot of background investigators and cases. I am excited about the new challenge and think that I have found a great solution to daycare for the boys. I will save that for a later post. Another plus with my new job is that it will be 1 mile from Billy's office so we will commute together once again.