The last week has been so nice because Billy is home, the weather is finally getting nicer, and we are getting yard work done. So while Billy was gone, I discovered that we could be on a better schedule. I like schedules but I don't believe in being super strict about them for so many reasons. So being a single mom for 3 weeks made me realize that I could streamline a few different things to make life easier and it has worked like a charm. Billy was surprised with how easy I get the boys done and clean up in a short amount of time. Billy and I had started to be pretty lax on Blake's bedtime routine which was not doing any of us any favors. So now after dinner - we might play outside for a little bit then we go upstairs for a bath. The boys love taking their bath together. One time I made the mistake of trying to give Grayson a bath by himself and he cried. I had no idea how attached he was to Blake until that moment.
After bath - we put PJ's on and read books, play cars, or something that involves the whole family. Then I get baby G down while Blake gets to watch one of his favorite shows (Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, or something like that) in our room and then lights are out at 8pm. Usually whoever isn't giving the bath is folding laundry or doing something constructive upstairs. Like tonight - Billy had Grayson's crib lowered and changed his sheet within 20 minutes. It feels like we have a good team and the boys are doing super with it.
So I know that this is the funniest post or anything but there is more to come of those. We never have a shortage of funny moments around here with 2 little boys.